In this episode of CEO Chatter Live, host Fancy interviews LaKisha M. Mosley, the My Mind is My Business conference organizer. They discuss mental health awareness and the importance of prioritizing mental health, especially for entrepreneurs. LaKisha shares her personal experience with persistent depressive disorder and how it led her to create the My Mind is My Business event. The event aims to provide a safe space for entrepreneurs to discuss mental health challenges and seek support. LaKisha also highlights some topics that will be covered during the event, including anxiety, boundaries, grief, and the intersection of faith and mental health.
- Mental health is a crucial aspect of overall well-being, and entrepreneurs often neglect their mental health due to the pressure to constantly perform.
- Persistent depressive disorder is a long-term form of depression that can go unnoticed or be masked by high-functioning behavior.
- Anxiety is a common mental health challenge among entrepreneurs, as they often worry about the success of their business and face constant pressure.
- The My Mind is My Business event provides a platform for entrepreneurs to openly discuss mental health challenges and learn strategies to prioritize their well-being.
- The event covers a range of topics, including anxiety, boundaries, grief, and the intersection of faith and mental health.
- “Your mind is your greatest asset, and if it doesn’t function, nothing else functions.” – LaKisha M. Mosley
- “Mental health affects all aspects of our lives, and we have to stop acting like it doesn’t.” – LaKisha M. Mosley
LaKisha M. Mosley owns The LM Experience, a premier event planning and management company. With over ten years of experience in the industry, LaKisha curates engaging experiences for high-end coaches and course creators. She is also the head of Mind Your Business, a mental health collective safe space for those struggling with mental illness. LaKisha advocates against racial disparities for people of color in the mental health community.
Watch more CEO Chatter LIVE here.
Episode sponsored by I’Mat Dream Brand.